In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1nacido muertomortinato formalthe child was stillborn — el niño nació muerto
- the plan was stillborn — el plan no llegó a ver la luz
- Doctors also argue that detailed autopsy of stillborn babies has allowed pathologists to identify viruses that can cause miscarriages.
- Tragically, about one-third of these babies are stillborn and the rest die in the first days of life.
- Their risk of dying in childbirth is doubled and of having stillborn babies trebled, and other physical, sexual, and relationship problems are common.
- Pregnant women are routinely tested for syphilis because of the high risk that babies of mothers with untreated syphilis could be stillborn, or born with syphilis.
- Infants usually are stillborn or die shortly after birth from respiratory failure.
- They are trained to presume that a dead infant is stillborn unless there is countervailing evidence.
- The test was used to test the association between the incidence of congenital malformations occurring in live and stillborn babies in the exposed and unexposed wards for the years before and after the site opened.
- We did not approach women whose babies were stillborn or died as neonates.
- Defined as a loss prior to 20 weeks gestation, a miscarried fetus does not receive any kind of funeral rights in a hospital, unlike stillborn babies.
- We know from other graves that it was common for parents to put a small marker with initials for a stillborn child or an infant.
- The doctor also showed me the book of horrors kept by the medical staff - photographs of the grotesque, mis-shapen, stillborn children born in the hospital.
- In addition, three stillborn babies died of proved group B streptococcal infection, one during labour.
- Secondary infertility is when you've had one or more babies in the past but can't conceive again, or if you've had one or more miscarriages or stillborn babies.
- The Health Department has launched a review of mortuary procedures after a stillborn infant was mistakenly taken from Geraldton Regional Hospital to Greenough Prison last week.
- Now to get to know him well, it doesn't matter if it's a stillborn baby or a 95-year-old grandfather, what I need to bring from inside of me is the value of doing this.
- This malformation is incompatible with life, affected infants are either stillborn or die in a few days.
- We did not include stillborn children but included children dying from delivery until 31 December 2000 in the cohorts.
- This Mass will be of particular interest to parents of stillborn infants of babies who died shortly after birth.
- The true incidence is likely to be even higher; stillborn babies were excluded from this study because new mothers often don't see them.
- The authors conclude that encouraging parents to view and hold stillborn infants does not benefit mothers and could have an adverse effect.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.