In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It also acted as a stimulant, a sedative, an appetite suppressant, and fed smokers' addictions.
- Amphetamines, like cocaine, are psychomotor stimulants, previously used primarily by those involved in sports and entertainment to enhance performance.
- Alternatively, antispasmodic drugs and motility stimulants may be prescribed.
- Research published in the Archives of Disease in Childhood, showed a increase in the use of antidepressants and stimulants in all of the countries included in the study.
- Some commonly used medications include antidepressants, anti-psychotics and stimulants.
- If MDMA is to be scheduled, it properly belongs on Schedule III - along with substances like steroids and stimulants.
- However, physician assistants are not authorized to prescribe Schedule II substances listed as stimulants or depressants in Iowa.
- Some of these medicines, like stimulants and antidepressants, were first developed for other health problems.
- The stimulants methylphenidate and dextroamphetamine remain the pharmacologic agents of first choice for the management of ADHD.
- To maximize the chance of extubation to nCPAP we chose to use a combination of surfactant and caffeine as a respiratory stimulant to enable preterm neonates to be maintained on nCPAP.
- The medications most often implicated in prescription drug abuse are opioid analgesics, sedative-hypnotics and stimulants.
- It's never a good sign when someone's taking sedatives and stimulants at the same time.
- In the MTA study, children were given bupropion or haloperidol if stimulants proved ineffective.
- If bupropion is not a stimulant why does GlaxoWellcome's product monograph list insomnia as its commonest side effect (occurring in just under half of patients)?
- It is also a central nervous system stimulant, which can aid in activities that require concentration.
- I used to compound it in a 20 mg/ml solution to be used as a respiratory stimulant for premature babies.
- The medicines investigated include antidepressants, stimulants, antipsychotics, benzodiazepines and other anxiolytics.
- Unless contraindicated, prophylaxis with a gastrointestinal motility stimulant laxative and a stool softener is appropriate in terminally ill patients who are being given opioids.
- One could argue that I might have just got people who didn't respond very well to the stimulant medication and so the stimulant wasn't actually having that bonus effect that you might have predicted.
- Some prescribing issues surround the use of controlled substances such as stimulants.
2(stimulus)estímulo masculineacicate masculine
- Like railroads, gaslights were instrumental stimulants for industrial growth.
- Angola's post-civil war economic and political stability since 2002 is a stimulant for increasing trade and investment.
- Much more than a resource economy, services industries are the main stimulant of economic activity and make up almost 80 per cent of GDP.
- A major growth stimulant over the review period was increased consumer demand for food products requiring minimal preparation.
- Major international companies, however, remain a major stimulant to Paisley and Renfrewshire and the export effort.
- On the contrary, they act as stimulants, inducing in their adherents a desire to effect a dramatic change in their circumstances.
- WIT is the anchor and stimulant for thinking and development in the region.
- His determination to promote Bradford is a stimulant.
- The brink of disaster can be a mighty potent stimulant for forcing a company to save itself.
- The proposed new European league, in which Celtic and Rangers are the prime movers, will not just put the his club on a level commercial footing with the major Italian and English ones, but will also be a major stimulant to the Scottish game.
- This isn't surprising as low interest rates are proving an inadequate stimulant to get European economies moving again.
- It is the trustees' vision that this prize will become a major stimulant to the inventiveness of the young people of Europe by giving early recognition and encouragement to the Alfred Nobels of the 21st century.
- More credit is not an antidote but instead a potent stimulant for Financial Fragility.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.