In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(stitches)puntadas feminine(as ornament) pespuntes masculine(as ornament) pespunteado masculine
- These creases are in turn overlaid by circles and whorls of black thread stitching.
- The house tailor had created a knee length black coat with gold stitching that somehow managed to slim his waist and broaden his shoulders.
- The man is described as Asian with a small moustache and was wearing a sports jacket while the woman had blond hair and was wearing a black coat with white stitching.
- The main stitches used are stem stitching and laid-and-couched stitching.
- I of course ripped out all of my horrendous stitching and quickly stitched up the edges of the cloth, so as to make it unrecognizable as a former unfinished sampler.
- A quilter, she discourses regularly on the simple joys of stitching cloth, of creating harmony from scraps.
- There are strange Runes embossed into your belt and others on your wrist bands, and your single glove has a curious pattern of black and gold stitching across its back.
- The young man was dressed in boots, a white dress shirt that had yet to be tucked in, and over that a black vest with colorful stitching on the side.
- She pulled out a plain black shirt with purple stitching and set it on top of the pants to her side.
- Unpick the errant stitching and reposition the rolled hem under the presser foot.
- He also has a black hat at his side, with stitching that matches his jacket.
- Inside, there are now red seat inserts and chrome cabin highlights, white instrument faces and plenty of red stitching: the black and red scheme underlines the car's sporty appearance.
- For those who love a more casual style, the Owens, a sleek silhouette with contrasting stitching in black and chocolate, lace-up or with an elastic is a must buy.
- She wore a beautiful crimson kimono with black stitching of cherry tree blossoms in full bloom.
- The tank top was black with orange stitching around the armholes and neck.
- The stitching is straight and even, double-stitched in stress areas.
- A fine quality shirt should have solid yet discreet stitching around the seams and buttons.
- Brandon immediately pulled out a pair of black capris with lavender stitching.
- It all began with walking in the door and having a uniform chucked at me, black shirt with white stitching, and tan pants.
- I've another Chanel bag, which is older, and is also quilted in black with cream stitching.
3(of book, pages)cosido masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.