In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1libro inventario masculine
- Among the papers selected for the exhibition are dealers' stock books, artists' letters, photographs, press clippings, scholars' diaries, inventories of private collections, agents' reports, and early manuals of auction results.
- The author of this informative monograph has relied to great effect on Cooper's many surviving stock books, costing books, and journals, which offer a wonderfully three-dimensional picture of his life and art.
- Featuring rare materials from the 16th century to the present, such as dealers' stock books, artists' personal letters, code books, agents' reports and scholars' diaries, the exhibit documents the business of creating and selling art.
- The start-up kit includes a stamp stock book of 20 pages, a packet of 25 used stamps with information on how to retrieve them from the cover, a magnifying glass, tweezer and a perforation gauge to determine the authenticity of a stamp.
- Relevant entries in Knoedler's stock books for 1873, the only complete year for which records of print importations survive, were matched with Goupil's catalogues and with actual prints in the Musee Goupil in Bordeaux.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.