In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1corredor de valores masculinecorredora de valores femininecorredor de Bolsa masculinecorredora de Bolsa feminineagente de Bolsa femininebefore noun the stockbroker belt — zona residencial de propiedades lujosas en las afueras de una ciudad
- You buy and sell them through a stockbroker just as you would any company or investment trust.
- Most stockbrokers put private clients' shares in nominee accounts for administrative convenience.
- The euro was launched as an electronic currency in 1999 for use by banks, stockbrokers, and foreign exchange dealers.
- The warrants can be purchased through Irish stockbrokers and are traded as listed securities on the Irish Stock Exchange.
- Traditionally, stockbrokers have been reluctant to offer clients products designed for falling markets.
- Both PIBS and PSBs can be bought and sold through most stockbrokers and they can be put in an ISA.
- An investor who sells stock short borrows shares from a stockbroker, and sells them to another buyer.
- Its 120 clients include leading stockbrokers and financial services firms who pay an annual fee.
- Investor relations professionals and stockbrokers had a story to sell to international investors.
- They can be discretionary in nature with the stockbroker managing the fund and choosing stocks on behalf of the client.
- If you buy and sell shares through a high-street stockbroker, you're paying well over the odds for this service.
- Exchange-traded funds, sold by most stockbrokers, are also an option.
- In the past, shares were always bought and sold through a stockbroker.
- They also knew sixty to seventy percent of the clients would follow the stockbroker when he moved to another firm.
- You buy corporate bonds from stockbrokers but not all of them, particularly the discount brokers, will provide this service.
- Have you ever wondered what happens when you buy or sell a stock through a stockbroker?
- Like trackers, they follow an index, but they are in the form of shares that can be bought and sold through stockbrokers.
- Any stockbroker can sell your shares for you, but you need to shop around for the cheapest deal.
- That works out at £8.33 a month, less than what most stockbrokers charge to buy or sell a single share.
- Rival stockbrokers were complaining that they could not get their clients into Riverdeep stock.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.