In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1dolor de estómago masculinemasculine dolor de barrigamasculine dolor de vientre formal
- The 19-year-old spent a year visiting doctors for treatment for a stomach ache before they finally discovered last month that he had terminal liver cancer.
- Alternatively, he can just say that his stomach ache has got worse.
- Why does excessive drinking give me a stomach ache?
- The larvae of Toxocara canis may cause a stomach ache, but can also trigger an asthma attack, pneumonia and seizures, and affect vision.
- How well I remember my son's first day at school: the stomach ache the night before, the paralysing shyness at the gate, the skirting round the edge of the playground not making eye contact.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.