- I also had a respectable pea and locally cured ham soup, full-bodied and intriguingly pea-y, and some sea bass that was served limp and almost stone-cold on cold mash with an irrelevant balsamic reduction.
- Strangely, despite her decline, people are still queueing up to praise her and she, bless her stone-cold heart, just sits back and accepts it all as due tribute.
- Their faces remained frozen in stone-cold scowls so she looked away from them and waited impatiently for Wesley to return.
- Whereas on Court TV the camera couldn't help itself, panning in twitchy reflex to the stone-cold defendant.
- We went back inside his stone-cold manor that seemed even more miserable to me now.
- Their faces still held the stone-cold gaze in them.
- His face turned from warm and happy to stone-cold in a matter of seconds.
- And while he has the stone-cold savvy to pull off elaborate swindles, he also suffers from a plethora of facial ticks, spends days on emergency housecleaning jobs and feels compelled to open and close doors three times.
- To those who were around in the Fifties, the term ‘rented accommodation’ conjures up images of dismal bedsits with spluttering, ever-hungry gas fires and stone-cold shared bathrooms.
- I noticed Ray's expression turning into a stone-cold scowl.
- She was a natural born warrior, with a stone-cold heart, and wasn't about to let anyone get in her way or drag her down.
- Her stone-cold seriousness becomes oppressive by the end of the record and her decision to name every track with a single word seems like a forced attempt to be ‘deep.’
- I probably ought to also mention that they are a stone-cold bargain.
- An Army study done shortly after World War II concluded that on average, out of a thirty-two man platoon, only two people were stone-cold killers.
- ‘That kid is a stone-cold player,’ he drawled, running his hand through his hair.
- Doom will never be any better than average, but we were always promised unapologetic, violent, action-oriented fun and so if you go in with that in mind you'd have to have a stone-cold heart not to have a blast.
- I had a good Western omelette with stone-cold hash browns and a biscuit.
- Handsets that are white-hot today will be stone-cold in six months.
- I was really shaken when I lifted his head up to remove the rakusu; his head was stone-cold and lifeless, the same head I had held in a loving parting embrace the night before.
- But even a donnybrook might be better than stone-cold silence.
1he was stone-cold sober — no había bebido ni una gota
- I do not believe in life after death, I accept it as a stone-cold scientific fact, just the same as the world being round and not flat.
- And of the remainders, it was easy to take a question on a topic I was merely familiar with, and write an answer on a topic that I knew stone-cold.
- Your humble scribe will be spending his New Year's Eve stone-cold sober on a train somewhere between Reading and Weymouth.
- You must know the procedures stone-cold, whether aircraft specific, or, in this case, CV NATOPS.
- Joan too, in real life she was a stone-cold hard drinker of vodka.
- By now, the science is as stone-cold solid as could be-it's the planet that's gotten hot, with nine of the 10 warmest years on record in the last decade.
- On the other side, you will have people that want to approach it with stone-cold logic.
- Although the contents of the note are very emotional, the block letters are written as if by the hand of a stone-cold psychopathic assassin, and not by someone about to kill himself.
- That is the stone-cold harsh reality of genetically mediated weight and shape regulation.
- The cruel punch line is that so little of consequence actually occurred in Vol. 1, it's possible to walk into this second movie stone-cold clueless and not miss out on a thing.
- Armstrong listened, did his homework and, stone-cold scared, made his choice.
- We're talking about six stone-cold classic pop albums, in a row, each one more stylistically progressive and wonderfully weird than the last.
- Bickering about ballots might be stone-cold dull, but at least it's not sleaze.