- She walks carefully along a little stony path, which winds its way between the unkempt bushes.
- Weathered igneous and metamorphic rocks generally result in stony, well-drained, and relatively unfertile soils.
- Rocky and stony soils are usually well drained, but at the same time not too fertile.
- The machine can operate in rough and stony ground inaccessible to conventional cutters.
- He took to the stony path, not minding where he put his feet.
- Descend back to the bottom of the stony path and head right, along the depression and start the descent to a large basin.
- If you hike down the steep, stony path on the opposite side, you come to a small, swimming-pool-size basin of water, covered in a green carpet of duckweed.
- Once past the houses, the enclosing walls open up and there are wonderful views along Troutbeck Park from the rough, stony track.
- And off they went again, up the stony, twisting path, bending over beneath their loads and a natural inclination to avoid the rain as much as possible.
- We avoided the first obstacle, a gully-bound stream that breaches the cliffs to run down to a stony beach, by following the path inland.
- We walked when we could - the ground was rough and stony, with scrub growing in any available crevice.
- The path on the south side of the river is very stony and uneven and the jolting began to tell.
- The surface varies from a stony path to a rutted lane to a broad carpet of grass, all of it passable on a touring bike with the exception of 100 yards or so towards the end.
- It has full-size trees, sand banks leading down to a stony beach, and water cascading down a rock outcrop.
- Despite the best efforts of the excavators, the area was still very stony and most of the paths were pretty bumpy.
- You can picture the rugged terrain of rocky beaches and stony slopes with ancient smouldering volcanoes standing guard over antique vines.
- He frowned, and started to retrace his steps up a stony path leading away.
- The back garden is an attractive feature of this house, with a small stony path leading to a large covered bench at the back, with protection from the winds - a perfect spot to sit.
- We set out on foot from the car park, the falls being a good 10-minute walk away, on a stony path that goes up and down.
- The route had been stony, uneven ground for most of the way and despite our cardiovascular fitness being fine, the cumulative effect of running over a jagged surface was taking its toll.
2(grim, unresponsive)(person/stare/look) frío(stare/look/person) glacial(silence) sepulcrala stony heart — un corazón de piedra
- An uncomfortable silence followed, filled with stony glares shared between me and Natasha.
- But I was going through a reclusive and non-communicative phase, and his efforts to talk to me, to establish genuine communication, were met with a stony and moody silence.
- Some maintained a stony silence while others thought the question was ludicrous.
- For a moment both of them looked at me with stony and unimpressed looks on their faces, and my heart sank.
- The film has been dubbed into English so badly that it is frequently difficult to tell who is meant to be talking, and the humour is so juvenile that even children sat in stony silence during the screening I attended.
- His stony expression did not discriminate; each student was subjected to its harsh gaze.
- Adam nodded his acquiescence and stood to begin clearing the table in stony silence.
- I smile while ordering, but her face stays stony, reminding me of a rock.
- Members of the clemency board listen mostly in stony silence and decline even to deliberate before their vote.
- Jared looks over at me, and raises his eyebrows at my stony glare.
- He turned to the others and was met by two identical stony glares.
- The doctor expected a shrug, stony silence or some sort of sarcastic hiss.
- He stood in the doorway, a stony expression covering his face.
- Nick looked at Carolyn impassively, his face stony from lack of emotion.
- Although it occurred some two or three weeks ago, the local police have maintained a stony silence with respect to the theft.
- Rose's face turns hard and stony at the mention of Joelle.
- Jessica's stony expression softens and she stares at the ground for a moment.
- His face was the same stony mask it had been.
- I also told him that I couldn't imagine Mario had any life insurance (he was always stone broke as well as uninsurable), but the car I'd bought him was free and clear in his name.
- Unexpectedly, however, they turned up a few days later when they were stone broke.
- Only a few years after the proclamation of South Australia, people were put in gaol if they could not pay their debts, even though the colony itself was stone broke!
- He gave it to me - a stone-broke stranger - with instructions about how to put the money into his account when I got back to the capital, Jayapura.
- I'm stone broke and they can't get enough - fines for this, fees for that.