In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1válvula de cierre feminine
- Turn the water off at the stop valve that is on the line to the outside (you may have just installed one).
- Consumers are asked to identify the location of stop valves which will greatly facilitate the speed of installing meters.
- If this is not possible, turn the water supply off at the stop valve and drain the system down or leave a key with a neighbour in case a problem arises.
- I can't even remember if the problem to do with the header tank and the problem to do with the ballcock stop valve were connected.
- He ran from the immediate vicinity to find a stop valve to turn the water off.
- When he was 30 metres away from the scene, the hydrant burst and he rushed to find a stop valve to shut the water off, which he managed to do after about ten minutes.
- After closing the stop valves, be sure to check that they have shut off the water flow completely - older valves that haven't been used in a while may stick in the partially open position.
- Before it gets really cold, make sure you know where your water stop valve is - so that if the worst comes to the worst and a pipe does burst, you can turn the water off quickly.
- First, shut the water to the toilet, using the stop valve that comes out of the wall or the floor below the left side of the tank.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.