In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(expedida por una tienda) tarjeta de crédito feminine
- They want you to take a store card and try to entice you by giving you money off your first purchase.
- Last month the furniture store cut the interest rate on its own store card from 26.8 per cent to 12.9 per cent.
- If you don't pay off your credit or store card in full every month, you could be paying annual interest of up to 32%.
- The Commons Treasury select committee heard that 55 per cent of those with a store card were paying credit, as opposed to settling the balance, when their statement arrived.
- And the 28-year-old was also caught using a store card which was sent to the previous occupier at her home and trying to steal a mobile phone from a waiter in a curry house.
- I was advised to get a credit card or store card and re-apply in 3 months so I've now had to get two credit cards on the go to build up my credit rating again.
- I got my first store card there in 1976 when I was a college and once a year, when I had paid off all one hundred and twenty pounds, went and bought a new lot of clothes.
- When we came to pay, Ann produced her store card.
- After explaining who he was and showing his store card - the only form of ID he had - the 57-year-old went home and thought nothing more about the incident.
- Remember that if your store card has an interest rate of 28.5%, over two and half years you will end up paying twice the original cost of the item.
- If you borrow £2,000 on a store card with an APR of 29% over three years, you'll pay about £1,000 in interest for the privilege.
- An even bigger mistake is to use a store card to buy goods.
- The bank had sent out letters to cardholders saying that their store card would automatically be replaced by a credit card unless they had any objections.
- It is puzzling why anyone should have a store card, unless you remember that some major retailers only recently accepted competitors' plastic.
- If there's one aspect of the plastic card market that can probably be roundly criticised, it's the store card - mainly because of the extortionate interest rates most of them charge.
- If you have an outstanding balance on a store card, transfer it to one of the sixty or so 0% credit cards.
- Instead, transfer your store card debts to a credit card offering 0% interest for an introductory period.
- Most shockingly, 80 per cent of people who use a store card to stock up on New Year gifts confess they don't know what interest rate they charge.
- Have you ever taken out a mortgage, personal loan, credit or store card?
- The wife frequently shopped at a large department store for which she had a store card.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.