In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- At five minutes long, the track is an oddity on an album of searing, straight-ahead punk rock that takes not one prisoner.
- His mastery of straight-ahead jazz is on display here, in spite of the unconventional source material.
- For the most part, it's straight-ahead, loud, party glam rock that would make a perfect prologue to a night out.
- Gritty guitars, straight-ahead rhythms and an aggressive singer make for music that is upbeat enough to get you inspired, but not too intense.
- The electro-beat influence has been put to rest and exchanged for straight-ahead guitar rock.
- Being a straight-ahead rock band nowadays isn't the most profitable venture.
- I remember when I was a pre-teen, and I heard some straight-ahead rock music for the first time.
- ‘I'm totally into straight-ahead traditional music,’ he says.
- Then we could make a strict, straight-ahead comparison between the two.
- This year, the organizers opted for a straight-ahead indie line-up, relying on the pull of each individual band rather than a single headline act.
- It was a simple show, straight-ahead, no tricks, and it was wonderful.
- If the goal was to produce a simple, straight-ahead rocker, then the band have succeeded.
- It's your straight-ahead radio-friendly modern American rock with no alarms and few surprises.
- Most often the track sounds normal with a straight-ahead beat and accompanying riff, but in the details is much more to consider.
- Always a straight-ahead, no-frills director, Roberts was never much of a risk-taking stylist or flashy innovator.
- She's also known for her driving straight-ahead rock music - music that's attracting a lot of attention.
- Benoit's music reflects nearly every jazz style including fusion, straight-ahead be-bop, orchestral, and smooth jazz.
- Smith's basic style remains intact with most of the music being straight-ahead rock featuring her mix of singing and speaking, depending on the occasion.
- The rest of the album is filled with straight-ahead pop songs that range from pleasant to completely forgettable.
- There are still those slow ballads that explode into country rawk waltzes and the straight-ahead rock, but some of the tracks are more poppy, with a lot of electronic synth thrown into the mix.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.