- After you've properly planned your plank flooring, use a straight edge and a permanent marker to mark over the chalked lines.
- Measuring instruments, like levels and straight edges, are in that anomalous class of hand tools which do not directly affect the work piece, but only report on its status.
- Then, with a straight edge, score along your chalk line.
- Assemble the frieze sections on level ground, and against a straight edge to keep them square, before toenailing them to the 4x4 posts.
- Butt the crown molding up against the straight edge and nail it into place with finishing nails.
- Using a straight edge and black marker, Irvan draws a square.
- They checked to see if the slab would easily wrap around the pipe and then used a straight edge to cut out an appropriate-sized rectangle from the clay.
- I use a metal straight edge to tear paper and haven't had any trouble with detached metal particles although I have read that this can be a problem.
- I clamp a steel straight edge in a vise and just draw the surface over the steel edge a few times.
- Use a straight edge or ruler to help keep the blade vertical.
- The first line was marked using a straight edge, and the following marks were made using a custom made gauge attached to a modified plow.
- Use a straight edge and a single-edged razor to cut down the middle of the overlapped seam, making sure the razor cuts through both pieces of border.
- Using the metal ruler as a straight edge cut 10 1-inch right triangles with the craft knife.
- Setting out methods have changed little in five millennia: with nails, string, and a straight edge even the most elaborate design can be successfully laid out.