1(oddness)rareza femininelo extraño
- The point is simply the implosion of the system, the swarming strangeness of others, the futility of organizing inquiry.
- Eccentricity, strangeness and individuality I like, conformity I flirt with.
- However, flipping through the first few authors, I was astonished at the calibre of writing, and amazed by its strangeness.
- On the one hand the medium devours eccentrics because viewers find their strangeness exciting.
- But there is no strangeness, only the familiarity of a shared past.
- Even the name seems pregnant with significance - that defiant strangeness, those open, dreamy vowels.
- The film keeps returning to that image: the frightening strangeness of school-age kids in shorts, killing ruthlessly.
- Closer inspection of Dee's lamb revealed even more strangeness.
- And this is one of the pleasures and strangenesses of reading him.
- As previously, it is not the ‘veracity’ of the painting that concerns her but its semiotic complexities and strangenesses.
- For many others, learning Chinese is not for business but a life skill that helps conquer the feeling of strangeness in an unfamiliar city.
- I was awed, but it was awe born of familiarity, not strangeness.
- This my sister and I accepted as one of her strangenesses, along with her silence and her fear of the waves.
- Yet, just as in a Chinese painting, the wildness of the scene, and its strangeness, accentuates the impression of harmony and civilisation.
- As I write this I am picturing the first time I saw them, the first time I was transfixed by their strangeness, their confidence and their sense of mission.
- We recognize it when we see it, even though it may be in the eyes of the beholder, whereas strangeness is by definition unfamiliar.
- But now, this t-shirt redeems all the other strangenesses.
- One of the strangenesses of books on writing fiction is the way that each one is written as if there are not whole libraries full of similar manuals out there, and a constant stream of new ones coming along.
- The feeling of strangeness is quickly replaced by delight, of course.
- Whatever the case, fact sometimes surpasses fiction in its immense strangeness.