In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sin tirantessin breteles Southern Conestrapless Venezuela Mexico
- The black, strapless gown was well suited to Darcy, more so than she probably thought.
- My strapless bra I'd had on the day before was draped over a lampshade nearby.
- Now here she was in her dark blue strapless dress wrapped snugly in Ethan's coat a can of coke in her hand.
- The strapless dress was a very dark purple, made out of the finest velvet.
- They wore gold strapless dresses with diamanté detail, and pearl tiaras.
- It was a strapless dress, and had a beautiful corset type of arrangement in the back.
- On Friday after work, I went to the mall and bought a black strapless dress which zipped up in the back.
- Her matching evening dress was strapless with a flared skirt and in the same material.
- It was a vibrant red strapless dress with a large slit up the right side.
- I grabbed my jeans and put them on and then I undid my strapless bra so that I could put on my regular black one.
- Layers of stiff net petticoats went under taffeta strapless dresses that made waists look tiny.
- She was wearing a red, strapless dress, and the back was laced up with black laces.
- This voluminous strapless gown took 550 hours of labor just to do the embroidery.
- She was wearing a tight fitting light pink strapless dress with a matching velvet cabby hat.
- If she is wearing a strapless gown, you need to buy a wrist corsage.
- And the flared sleeve dress shirt and strapless dress combo is just unusual enough to be interesting but not weird.
- Melissa took off her jeans jacket and straightened her tank top so it would cover her strapless bra properly.
- Avoid a closed-up neckline, and strapless gowns, which usually push the bust up too much.
- My hair was a mess of split ends and my strapless bra didn't show up until two days before the dance.
- I had on a hot pink halter top with a pink strapless bra and my really short black skirt with a pink thong.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.