In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The headline is in quotes and the strapline underneath makes quite clear the paper's view
- You have to have a strapline of some kind and hopefully we will have something that will get people excited.
- Not only that - the headlines and straplines on the intro page sound positively like an advertisement for Linux.
- The strapline and the button which goes immediately to the company's website make it reasonably plain that these are not in fact search results.
- The campaign focuses on three key storylines in the new series - alcoholism, a love triangle in the surgery and an attempted murder - with the strapline, ‘Prepare For Complications’.
- If nothing else, this survey could keep me in fresh straplines for weeks.
- New branding and a revised strapline are also recommended.
- I suggested to Nigel that he change the strapline on the cover to ‘Britain's Best-Smelling Diving Magazine‘.
- Slogans and straplines are very important, you know, to a brand.
- I would only amend this by adding ‘the performance of a car’ to the strapline.
- The novel has yet to find a US publisher and was recently released in Italy with a strapline that boasted: ‘The book that America dare not buy.’
- Latterly, advertisers have started to make these straplines less functional.
- It's rare for an author to give a new phrase to a language, rarer still in these days of spin, catchphrases and advertising straplines.
- There's an ad on Canadian radio for powerbars which uses the strapline - ‘Powerbars.’
- I love those straplines you see on vans and trucks.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.