In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- His strategists keep advising him to look deep into the lens, to use his hands for emphasis, to speak slowly.
- This is the main concern worrying the economic strategists of the Russian ruling elite.
- How odd then, that when it comes to oil so many strategists and politicians seem to find grasping the supply-demand equation so tough.
- Now is the moment for our economists and industrial strategists to prepare.
- He and later strategists were intent on waging a type of war based on rapid, decisive maneuver.
- This brain teaser would challenge world history's best political and military strategists.
- It was a familiar exercise for the former general, widely regarded as one of Israel's greatest military strategists.
- The best strategists have at their fingertips a wide assortment of doctrinal tools.
- Theirs was a textbook case of how not to win an election, and will be studied by political analysts and party strategists for years.
- Military strategists have long understood the value of catching an enemy by surprise.
- The political (as well as military) strategists will be holding their breath, more than ever.
- I think the real blame lies with the Labor Party's strategists, media advisers and pollsters.
- I am not a politician or a military strategist: I have no idea how to fight terrorists effectively.
- Now that seems to me, the decided area of concern for a few political strategists.
- At a time when political strategists are looking to business for ideas, it seems an excellent plan.
- These military successes owed much to Charlemagne's ability as a strategist and a diplomat.
- The concepts in gray are those the military strategist provided in an ontology of war.
- By and large the strategists and planners have got it right.
- Civilian strategists were neglecting the military side of strategy.
- They may not be military strategists, but market observers are betting that the war will be brief.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.