In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(fruit)fresa femininefrutilla feminine Bolivia Southern Conemasculine fresónbefore noun strawberry field — campo de fresas
- Ripe cherry and wild strawberries expand into complex tar, porcini and oak flavors.
- When she looked back to her breakfast, the last strawberry in he fruit salad was gone.
- The results are discussed in terms of a putative role of this enzyme in the release of oligosaccharins from the strawberry fruit cell wall.
- Sweet vanilla oak, supple tannins, pure cherry and wild strawberry fruit are its hallmarks.
- Libran foods and plants include many fruits - strawberry, peach, apple, autumn berries.
- If kept in an airtight jar, the lavender sugar will last for months and can be used for sprinkling on strawberries or on sweet pies.
- Fresh fruit, such as grapes or strawberries, can be dipped to make confections for immediate consumption.
- Net strawberries before the fruit starts to show colour, to keep off birds.
- Ripening could also be controlled in strawberries and most citrus fruits, which do not respond to the chemical.
- The scent of her hair was a mix of strawberries and tropical fruit, which he loved.
- All these fruits freeze well except strawberries, which should be saved for the summer months.
- Invest in a set of small plastic boxes for chopped fresh fruit, strawberries, grapes or cherries.
- One of my companions was quite taken with the strawberry mousse, which was full of fresh strawberries and not too sweet.
- Next was fruits and strawberry / banana yoghurt.
- If you take soft fruit such as strawberries and cherries, protect them from the rigours of the road and from too much warmth.
- They come in all degrees of alcoholic strength, sweetness, and fizziness and are popularly flavoured with such fruits as strawberry, peach, mango, and so on.
- New flavors include apple cinnamon crunch, chocolate raspberry supreme, strawberry yogurt and strawberry fruit crunch.
- She flipped her hair over her shoulder and he could smell the sweet scent of strawberries wafting up from it.
- The kitchen garden includes fruits, such as strawberries as well as plum and apples trees plus a variety of vegetables.
- inside there was a punnet of rather soft strawberries sitting on top of a carton of half a dozen eggs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.