In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in hairdressing)veteado masculine
- The males are usually a bold red, but first year males are yellow-orange with red streaking.
- The juvenile is mottled-brown above with brown and buff streaking below.
- The head is mostly white, with a limited amount of brown streaking, especially in non-breeding plumage.
- Lymphangitic streaking was absent.
- An example of light streaking is the swirling trails of automobile head- and taillights.
- For instance, song sparrows here in Bel Air have highly visible, dark streaking on the white underparts and long, white streaks on the sides of the crown and chin.
- Radiography showed linear streaking of the metaphyses of the long bones.
- There are three principal sources of variation: size, especially wing length; darkness of the mantle; and degree of streaking on the mantle.
- This sparrow has prominent streaking on its breast with a conspicuous dark spot in the center of it.
- Damage from the Russian wheat aphid ranges from yellow or whitish streaking to purpling of the damaged leaves.
- Immature birds are brown above with diffuse brown streaking below; they have yellow eyes.
- Two helpful tips the authors present are that lymphangitic streaking is often consistent with cutaneous infection, and that splenomegaly is rare in metastatic cancer.
- The Black Merlin is solid black on the head and back, and dark with a minimal amount of light streaking on the breast.
- Females are brown above with varying degrees of brown and buff streaking below.
- The nodule has a relatively fracture-free interior that is an off-white color tinged with green streaking.
- Sputum cultures showed bacterial colonies appearing outside areas of streaking in an unusual pattern.
- Once you are happy with the amount of streaking, rub the powder into the clay until the surface texture is smooth.
- Immature birds are brown above with brown streaking on their white underparts; they have yellow eyes.
2informal(stunt)(práctica de correr desnudo en un lugar público) streaking masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.