In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The ability to send text messages may give street credibility to the young but in your 40s the opposite could apply, writes Dave Andrew.
- Many said it was because the media portrayed him as a good guy, therefore hurting his street credibility.
- But one detail counts more than any clothes or accessories when establishing your street credibility, and that is natural feet - or, as it's known in the trade, the naked pedicure.
- They have got street credibility and a wow factor.
- So the Republicans can claim some street cred for supporting one of the largest integration programs in the country.
- It also lacks essential equipment that should be standard, is not very economical and has absolutely no street credibility whatsoever.
- For gangster rappers, criminal charges can be a way of gaining credibility on the street, street cred.
- Originally intending it to operate with a degree of independence, the American occupying authority has instead kept the station under firm control, damaging its street credibility.
- The anti-glamour of these pictures may signal an aspiration to street credibility.
- The arrival of the club will allow young people to do something which has street credibility and at the same time keep them out of trouble.
- Donald's love of sport was not some kind of affectation designed to bring him street credibility in constituency walkabouts.
- The other inmates treat me good because of my street credibility.
- Twenty years on, the hooligan has lost his street credibility.
- Until their early teens, men tend to let their mothers choose their clothes, until this becomes too embarrassing or damaging to their street credibility.
- In an urban environment, he brings a lot of street credibility to this particular character.
- We started growing and we had street credibility…
- The patrician Villepin was an unusual choice to be France's top cop: Mr Chirac hoped the job would give him more street credibility with voters.
- Nevertheless, at risk of losing my dubious street credibility, this ain't bad.
- One of the main problems is peer pressure which often dictates that it is good for your street credibility to drink branded fizzy drinks.
- Well, she's all right, but you're not really doing your street credibility any good, are you mate?
imagen de persona moderna, familiarizada con la cultura urbana
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.