In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mobiliario urbano masculine
- The council is upgrading King Street, near the town centre, with improved paving and street furniture on the section between Paradise Terrace and Princess Street.
- Phased over two years, the comprehensive makeover will include a wide range of measures such as carriageway resurfacing, footway re-laying and the upgrading of street furniture and lighting.
- Money will also be spent on street markings, traffic signals, street furniture, name plates and public lighting.
- Fly posting is defined as displaying advertising material on buildings and street furniture without the consent of the owner.
- It shall also provide high-quality hard/soft landscaping, including paved civic space areas, tree/shrub planting, seating, lighting and other street furniture.
- Estate agents who illegally fixed for sale signs to street furniture have been fined.
- He said: ‘I am worried that they we will just get some tarted up pavement and a bit of new street furniture.’
- Every survey that has been undertaken has clearly shown that shoppers want a more pleasant shopping environment - a cooler, more shady streetscape, with friendly and relaxing street furniture.
- The bus stop pole is the important piece of street furniture and that is what our drivers would observe.
- The street is also to more ‘pedestrian friendly’ and new public lighting will be provided in addition to a ‘consistent suite of street furniture.’
- As such, she asserts, the authorities cannot ignore its basic problems of traffic, solid-waste management, garbage disposal and appropriate street furniture.
- In addition, several roads will be extended to Carr Street, pedestrian connections will be developed and street furniture like shelters and benches will be installed.
- Up to £40,000 worth of vandal-proof street furniture, including bins, bollards and flower planters will start appearing on the town's main shopping streets later this month.
- At the meeting, councillors agreed they would recommend a voluntary code of conduct to encourage the appropriate siting of A-boards, street furniture, tables and chairs.
- Mr Parker said: ‘The idea is to create a book stating exactly how we want street furniture to look around the city centre.’
- Ideas for this have included matching stall canopies, new street furniture and a new high quality surface.
- Any repainting of street lines or repairing of street furniture that needed to be done could also all be done on that day.
- The English company manufactures a range of products, including fencing, decking, outdoor street furniture, traffic bollards and road hazard markings.
- It will involve the upgrading of current street furniture, primarily benches, to a more modern standard.
- Councillors discussed creating a ‘gateway’ on Albert Street, close to the Laing Street junction, using flower beds or street furniture to mark the beginning of the pedestrianised area.
- It's alive, vibrant and awash with colour and decorated with an extravaganza of flowers, banners and bunting adorning every piece of street furniture available.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.