1(limb/muscle/teeth) fortalecer(wall/furniture/glass) reforzar
- It spreads and strengthens and multiplies until it smothers anything trying to stifle it.
- It is strengthened by being reinforced by multiple people who accept its reality.
- On the contrary most people are told daily that fluoride prevents tooth decay and strengthens the bones.
- The wanton destructiveness of modern warfare strengthens this obligation.
- If increasing the number of stores strengthens the company then he will continue to open more, he says.
- Why have we not returned there in order to feel stronger and to further strengthen the land that strengthens us?
- Middlesbrough have made some fine investments and strengthened an already strong squad.
- Tackle dog attacks and illegal breeding by increasing penalties and strengthening enforcement.
- This may be our seventh win of the year, but it only strengthens our resolve to win more.
- But, fair enough, there is a strong case for strengthening the links in a more systematic way.
- It strengthens the legal framework governing community rights to timber and other forest products.
- If voting strengthens the legitimacy of the regime this time, it had done the exact same thing four and eight years ago.
- The wind strengthened further, but several pulls suggested a fish would soon be landed.
- Nicotine is the substance that reinforces and strengthens the desire to smoke.
- At the end of the day, this strengthens its spirit, and this strength allows it to overcome its difficulties.
- It reinforces and strengthens the power and influence of those who are fluent in the hegemonic language.
- It strengthens muscles and increases endurance, which is very important during labour.
- But you see that the wind has strengthened and the branch of a tree has touched the glass.
- Positive reinforcement is the delivery of a stimulus that strengthens the behavior.
- The game, however, was played in constant rain and wind that strengthened as the match progressed.
2(movement/love/faith) fortalecer(support) aumentar(support) acrecentar(position) fortalecer(position) afianzar(position) consolidardefeat only strengthened his determination — la derrota no hizo más que redoblar / intensificar su determinación
- this has strengthened my conviction that … — esto me ha convencido aún más de que …
- this could strengthen the chances / prospects of an early summit meeting — esto podría aumentar las probabilidades de una cumbre anticipada
1(limb/muscle) fortalecerse(opposition/support) aumentar(support/opposition) acrecentarse
2(prices) afianzarse(currency/economy) fortalecerse