- All the patients had bacilli sensitive to streptomycin, isoniazid and rifampicin initially.
- In its early stages, leptospirosis can be treated with antibiotics such as penicillin, streptomycin, tetracycline and erythromycin.
- The preferred and most effective drug of choice to treat tularemia is streptomycin or gentamicin.
- These include the antibiotics polymyxin B sulfate, streptomycin sulfate, chlortetracycline hydrochloride and neomycin sulfate.
- Treatment is with tetracycline (as doxycycline) and streptomycin for 6 weeks.