In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tubo fluorescente masculinetubolux masculine River Plate trademark
- We also threw strip light bulbs into the mysterious bath which was quite spectacular.
- Nearer to him the yellow-orange strip lights suspended along the arched ceiling of the tunnel provided a little more illumination.
- Sleek, industrial-design future furniture battles with the grit of chain-link fences and soul-eating neon strip lights.
- And with that the strip light gives out and dies.
- It was a dull metal box with a strip light, and like the hallway, it held an unpleasant odour.
- The only sounds were the occasional flip of the security guards newspaper pages and the incessant hum of the fluorescent strip light above us.
- In one corner of the dressing room, Tilly wails upon beholding her face under the harsh strip lights.
- I again secured all our lights, except the green strip lights and the white taillight.
- Even sleeping was a problem since the two fluorescent strip lights on the ceiling were left on day and night.
- Underneath, a red strip light has been fitted to create a floating effect.
- Inside were already another 50 or so souls, under the burning fluorescent strip lights, already having nabbed the prize ‘corner and walls’ slots.
- A strip light was set embedded into the wall about a foot above the bench.
- The apartments are lit by low voltage halogen strip lights which have been angled to highlight furniture and some interesting prints.
- It had, like the rest of the corridors in the building, cool blue walls on one side, which was illuminated by overhead strip lights.
- But what happens when the strip lights stop working?
- The girls' high-street finery, a Lycra mishmash of tat and glitter, sparkles feebly under red, yellow and purple neon strip lights.
- The strip lights above you cast a sickly ghostly light through the metal cubicle.
- It is also on the edge of a conservation area where blue strip lights just aren't appropriate.
- All the objects have purpose-built rectangular cabinets projecting from the walls, each with an internal strip light.
- There was very little lighting there, other than a bare strip light behind the trestle table at the front of the room, silhouetting whoever was speaking.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.