In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mozuelo masculinemozalbete masculine
- Surely, though, there could be no such problem with filming a stripling of a novel, published a mere five years ago?
- Fast forward almost 21 years, to last Monday, when the Celtic under-21 team took on Kilmarnock's striplings.
- Long ago, when Al was a mere stripling of 83, the Players Club gave him a testimonial.
- The police officer, a mere stripling of 35, was called to a nursing home where the woman was visiting a friend.
- ‘I did not know him as a stripling, travelling around Scotland in the back of a bus,’ she says, with a smile.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.