In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Jack, a man she meets in the striptease parlor where she works, is more substantive.
- A striptease is more likely to whet your lover's appetite for a new flavour you'd like to try than a frank discussion over dinner.
- To fill time, Johnny started doing a mock striptease, taking off his jacket, tie, shoes, socks and shirt.
- The striptease sequence in particular is spectacular, as are some of the chase sequences.
- They seem mostly interested in staging stripteases and offering pornography for sale.
- The combination lends a dramatic air to my striptease.
- It's more like an elegant striptease, or gentle foreplay before the tasteful product identification at the end.
- When Eileen comes to him for help, he breaks into a provocative striptease, singing ‘Let's Misbehave’ with two lusty hookers.
- The mysteries of cholesterol unfold like various stages of undress in the metabolic striptease.
- As one element of American popular entertainment, striptease combined ‘sexual display and parodic humor.’
- I met up with a fab striptease artist who I want to feature in the mags.
- You can't back out or refuse, even if it's something like doing a striptease at a school assembly.
- And when the striptease acts no longer attracted enough customers, the cinema had to close.
- The first dojo we trained in was upstairs over a striptease club.
- The venue presents a mixture of ‘legit’ acts and striptease numbers, all with a performance art, post-modern wink.
- Given the vote for the first time, a party called the Independent Erotic Initiative is elected in, and they organise a striptease in the local town.
- It's dancing, or even a striptease act, as someone once called it.
- ‘You have to do a little striptease to music for me,’ she said in between the kisses.
- In the 30-second spot, a life-size computer-generated bar performs a striptease to bump and grind music.
- A famous actor, played by Lawrence Harvey, does a striptease during a performance of Hamlet.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.