In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in golf)stroke play masculine
- You're playing stroke play on a great golf course.
- The competition covered the three permutations of the 27-hole layout in two days of Stableford and a middle day of stroke play.
- The thing to know about the honor is its application in stroke play vs. match play.
- This costs her the hole in match play or a two-stroke penalty in stroke play.
- The next morning it was off to Nichigo Resort and Golf Club for a Day 1 stroke play competition.
- Because match play is so different than stroke play, you want experience on your side.
- These events include standard stroke play, match play, skins, and skills competitions.
- Last Saturday and Sunday the Northern Rivers Classic was hosted by Ballina Golf Club over 36 holes of stroke play which attracted full fields.
- His ease of movement, effortless stroke play and audacious shot selection make him a considerable force.
- By waiving them, you waive the right to keep score in stroke play and to win the hole in match play.
- In stroke play, you take a two-stroke penalty and play it as it lies.
- I finished second at 72-hole stroke play in '55, when I was a semi-grownup.
- And while the next group will appreciate your housekeeping, it'll cost you two strokes in stroke play or loss of the hole in match play.
- In stroke play, that's a two-stroke penalty; in match play, the penalty is loss of hole.
- Up to four players can play online together in a variety of match play and stroke play conditions.
- How he must be looking forward to returning to the Tour, where he can do his own thing and stick to stroke play whenever possible.
- In an attempt to cope with slow play, ‘continuous putting’ is introduced in stroke play.
- It's been said stroke play is a truer test of golf while match play is a truer test of character.
- Why were you so successful in that format when you often had trouble closing the deal in stroke play?
- In stroke play there is no penalty if golfers play out of order.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.