In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cámara acorazada feminine
- The crown's in the fifth box on the left in the small strongroom.
- They had big plans - to add the 6,500 remaining images filed in the strongroom, before starting on official council pictures.
- Bester told Judge Siraj Desai that he thought it was ‘a bit odd’ to be meeting in the specially-adapted strongroom.
- After a series of blasts, the strongroom was located by one E C Miller, who forced it with a hammer and chisel.
- They forced the manager to open the safe and then herded him and his two colleagues into the strongroom.
- The keeper unlocked the jewels and to his amazement was seized and held in the strongroom.
- Kept in a strongroom, deep in the vaults of the civic centre, it remains the city council's most precious possession.
- Tahr watched as guards locked and bolted the heavy door to the strongroom where the cargo from the wreck had been stacked.
- Aethris is ready in the engineerium, Verdana's out on deck, acting as lookout, and Rakael's in the strongrooms, counting out treasure again.
- Van der Walt said his team had unlimited access to a National Prosecuting Authority strongroom full of documents and statements.
- All the robbers then gained access and staff were locked in the records room after the strongroom was unlocked.
- There's still the small strongroom to empty, but I think we'd better leave that here.
- He said the forensic investigation, which he started in September 2003, was based on a national prosecuting authority strongroom full of documents.
- Haig's bank manager had been warned by telephone to expect a party with valuable goods to be deposited in his strongroom.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.