In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He retired from the post in 1971, just as structuralism, semiotics and other French imports began their invasion of film studies.
- Critics countered that Jakobson's structuralism was doubly dangerous because it could be confused with the real thing.
- Ascetic structuralism was a major line of enquiry in the London-based structural movement.
- Just as structuralism dispensed with history, so it also had no place for the reader in the production of meaning.
- I will, however, continue to use aspects of structuralism.
- His work fuses elements of American structuralism, the narrative avant-garde and experimental documentary.
- The methods of structuralism and poststructuralism have been beneficial to the study of visual material in various respects.
- When I went to Paris, structuralism was very important.
- Parsons 1990 is an important paper, dealing with many subtle issues concerning structuralism.
- In the wake of structuralism and poststructuralism, to write of literary personhood is no simple thing.
- But something had happened to semiology and structuralism in those ten years, which, as you have surely reckoned, included 1968 and 1970.
- Indeed, if structuralism has taught us anything, it is that humans impose their sense of opposition on a world of continuous shades of difference and similarity.
- Language-based approaches, such as semiotics, structuralism, and post-structuralism, are not vision-based.
- Poststructuralism is beyond structuralism and focuses on ‘social discourses’ that shape meaning within the reader's mind.
- In a crazy way, a good way of getting to grips with postmodernism / structuralism might be to dive into some examples in the Arts.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.