In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1meretriz feminine archaic
- She meant something more to him than any of the strumpets he'd dallied with before.
- He was sighted on Monday night in Po Na Na's with with an arm around number of young strumpets.
- It's strumpets like you who are setting back the women's rights movement.
- She acts annoyed by this strumpet disrupting her peace, but really she's annoyed by the flaunting of youth and indiscretion.
- She eyed the two strumpets who were watching her.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.