In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Her set ended abruptly when she sang her last lyric and stomped offstage, knocking over her microphone with the neck of her guitar in a final, styptic clang.
- If you're tired of bleeding from shaving, try this unique styptic gel formula from Proraso.
- Have some styptic powder handy to apply to the nail if you cut the quick and it begins to bleed.
- Most people keep some styptic powder (available at pet stores) on hand to cauterize the bleeding if necessary.
- I did dog rescue work for 13 years and one of the vets we use suggested that when we trim the dogs nails that we trim them just a bit shorter than you are supposed to and apply styptic powder.
- In the event that too ambitious trimming results in bleeding, styptic powder should be applied to the wounded nail.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.