In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1barrita astringente feminine
- He has previously shown signs of misanthropy and misogyny, which is expressed here in Dobel's folksy advice that ‘a styptic pencil carefully dried after every shave will last longer than most relationships’.
- Use the styptic pencil to stop the bleeding, then use the ointment to prevent infection.
- I have a first aid kit with a styptic pencil but I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do with it.
- A styptic pencil can be a lifesaver if you have to put on a dress shirt or turtle-neck right after you shave.
- You can also use cornstarch or flour if you don't have styptic pencils.
- Yes I do use styptic pencils and they do work well so long as the cut/gash isn't too big.
- This styptic pencil will quickly close off the cut and stop the bleeding.
- This can spray off an injured area so you can get the styptic pencil to the actual wound and get it to stop bleeding.
- Beautiful crystals of alum, a white astringent mineral used in styptic pencils and pickle-making, can be grown out of the solvent water.
- In the unfortunate event of ‘nicking’ yourself while shaving, simply use this brand of styptic pencil with its vessel constricting astringent properties to curb any minor bleeding.
- Alum and styptic pencils can be purchased over the counter at drug stores in the first aid supply area.
- A styptic pencil (the sort men use when they cut themselves shaving) is useful to stop bleeding.
- Danny had acquired, among other things, a styptic pencil, some penny matches, a coat hanger, some city water, and a toothpick.
- The styptic pencil is an astringent and is antiseptic.
- There are three ways to control bleeding, styptic pencil or powder for very minor venous bleeding, pressure bandage for more serious venous bleeding and tourniquet for arterial bleeding.
- Generally, healing time for shaving nicks and cuts is significantly reduced when styptic pencils are used.
- These styptic pencils have been in use since 1890 and usually consist of 90% aluminum sulfate and 10% of an inert filler.
- A styptic pencil is necessary if you are planning on trimming nails the old fashioned way because if you get your nail clippers too close, it can stop the bleeding.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.