In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1subcomité masculinesubcomisión feminineto set up a subcommittee — crear un subcomité
- Dr Carson was now head of one of the Party's most important subcommittees - the Finance Committee.
- She served on board subcommittees for finance and public policy and chaired the Ethics Subcommittee.
- To be adopted, a reform must make it past subcommittees, full committees, and floor votes in two houses (not to mention filibusters, holds, and other obstacles), and the executive must sign it.
- The subcommittee will report its findings to the Board at its October meeting.
- It is a chart of the 88 committees and subcommittees that claim some kind of jurisdiction over the homeland defense duties that would be included in this new department.
- However I'm sure that there have been many people involved - various committees and subcommittees as well as staff who have all played a part in getting the club to the position it enjoys today!
- Eighty-eight Congressional committees and subcommittees oversee the components of the new department, and the turf wars will be fierce.
- United Kingdom committees usually report directly to the trust board, or are a subcommittee of another hospital committee.
- Some FDA-regulated companies have board subcommittees with responsibility for regulatory oversight.
- They have established subcommittees of the board relating to issues such as education and training, risk management, and audit.
- There's a dozen subcommittees and committees in Congress getting ready to hold hearings, investigations.
- At least 80 committees and subcommittees are responsible for oversight of our national security.
- In the US, a Congressional subcommittee grilled airline representatives and regulators about the issue last month.
- At this morning's meeting back at the White House, key Democrats promised help selling the plan in a Congress where 88 committees and subcommittees now have at least some say in homeland security.
- Applications should be reviewed promptly by members of the executive subcommittee and a reply sent to the researcher.
- There is, I understand, a provision for delegation to a subcommittee of the management committee.
- She thanked all the subcommittees for their help, especially the social committee who had provided the refreshments for the awards night and the graduation night.
- A number of subcommittees have now reported back and their findings will be relayed to the government next month.
- He's a member of the subcommittee on Intellectual Property and the Internet.
- Committee A has authorized a subcommittee to prepare a report on this matter.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.