In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The septum of these catheters is sutured under the skin in the subcutaneous tissue.
- The superficial veins conduct blood from the skin and subcutaneous tissue.
- Each strand of hair grows from a follicle rooted in your skin's subcutaneous tissue.
- Any organ can be involved, but most frequently hemangiomas are localized to the skin and subcutaneous tissues.
- However, it can occur in the skin or subcutaneous tissue anywhere on the body and may present as single or multiple lesions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.