In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In this directory we will make five subdirectories named incoming, outgoing, etc, bin and quarantine.
- While autohandlers normally influence only their own directories, dhandlers affect all subdirectories.
- You can see the overall usage in the center of the circle, then various directories and subdirectories branching out.
- For example, a given directory may have subdirectories but no files, or you may have just processed the last subdirectory of a last subdirectory, and so on.
- The theory is that each module would have a directory containing source code and under it would be subdirectories for architecture-specific items (compiled object files, libraries and executables).
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.