In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The superfamily currently comprises 19 families, approximately 89 subfamilies, and about 21,000 described species.
- In each case pairs were constructed with species from the same tribe or subfamily.
- Accordingly, the kindred was subdivided into 27 subfamilies to remove the loops created by inbreeding.
- The definition of subfamilies and tribes within the family has been a source of controversy.
- First, the deeper contrasts, those where the social lineage and its nonsocial relative are from different tribes, subfamilies, or families, are all positive.
- In the early nineteenth century, language historians identified German as a member of the Germanic subfamily of the Indo-European family of languages.
- Language families and subfamilies are indicated on the branches of the tree.
- This family presently contains more than 22 genera subdivided into three subfamilies, and the family extends through most of the Permian.
- Petal wilting has been found to be ethylene-sensitive or insensitive, and these two categories were consistent within families or subfamilies.
- In this study, we divided the members of three families into clusters and subfamilies with the purpose of separating to some degree the influence of physical proximity and identity.
- There are several examples of ancient families or subfamilies being splintered and partially overlain by other groups expanding into the older language's territory.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.