In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Do break up the copy into small, easy to read portions by using headings, subheadings and lists to break up the copy.
- Because reporters rarely write their own headlines and subheads, and all the trend-mongering takes place in the subhead of Hellmich's piece, we excuse her from any misconduct.
- We recommend using an easy-to-read font for the majority of your text, but fancy fonts can be used for headings and subheadings.
- Hunter was close to a genius at headlines and subheads for his pieces.
- The subhead and photo caption announce a clear, succinct thesis, one that gets followed through in detail for the next few dozen pages.
- The paper ran the piece under a subhead stating that ‘economic meltdown will require temporary nationalization of the country's banks.’
- John wrote the headline, the subheads, and the captions.
- More times than not, he deletes the subheads for the finished piece.
- Does your magazine like to use multiple, overlapping puns in their subheads that signal irreverence and a willingness to make nice to celebrities and their handlers?
- Writing headlines and subheads is not as dull as it sounds.
- Add popular keyword phrases in your article - When writing your article, make sure to include popular keyword phrases in your headline, subheads and summary of your article.
- Instead of relying strictly on fancy graphics and animations, which often just slow surfers down, you should use meaningful headlines, subheads, and menus and other links.
- Self also neglects to provide headings or subheads on the grounds that these were coined by sub-editors and were therefore not worthy of inclusion.
- Crossheads, or subheads as he calls them, aren't stuck into stories quixotically, nor are they really designed to be read as important parts of the copy.
- Scan reading should be facilitated by using headings, subheadings, lists and paragraphs.
- The text bubbles with bullet points, subheads and one paragraph sections.
- Content is then broken up by clear and useful topic headings and subheadings, and each chapter ends with an excellent summary.
- The narrative form of headings and subheadings within each chapter provides an instant summary of the content, enabling a student to rapidly locate specific sections of interest.
- It also can help if the headings and subheadings of your site use keyword phrases that Web searchers might use when doing a Web search.
- All pages should have clear headings, subheads, and short paragraphs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.