In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- And that means, even allowing for the craven submissiveness of the general media, one more chance for the administration to be exposed for the cruel and psychopathic clods that they are.
- Somebody claiming to detect a divine design in respect of himself may phrase the idea in terms of humility, even submissiveness.
- Men are conditioned to find pleasure in dominance, whereas women - against their self-interest - are conditioned to enjoy submissiveness.
- Removing one's footwear before entering a home or a temple before worship denotes a sign of respect, humility and submissiveness.
- Despite being commonly held up as a paragon of the submissiveness, obedience, and loyalty that many men would like to see in their wives, women have often taken other lessons from her behaviour.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.