In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1citación femininecitatorio masculineto serve a subpoena on sb — notificar a algn (una orden de comparecencia)
- Under normal law, a plaintiff would file a lawsuit against an offending party and then use the court system to get subpoenas or court orders for information relevant to the lawsuit.
- Even if it is a US bank which is ordered by a US subpoena, other common law courts have applied traditional conflict-of-laws analysis.
- Further, the day-to-day administration of criminal justice functions with many witnesses who are not under subpoena and who attend voluntarily to give evidence.
- Complex legal standards apply to the level of review and judicial oversight necessary before police can obtain the warrants, subpoenas, or court orders required to compel disclosure of these records.
- It held that if an individual does not comply with a subpoena or order issued by the Tribunal, he could be held in contempt of the Tribunal and the specific contempt procedure could be set in motion.
- In addition, in July several people were subpoenaed to testify about their protest activities before a grand jury convened in Missouri.
- The defence could have subpoenaed him but they could not force him to talk to them.
- A Victorian coroner has subpoenaed the man acquitted of one the State's most notorious murders to give evidence at another inquest into the death.
- The appellant was unable to subpoena the necessary witnesses.
- Your office could do more, the witnesses were not subpoenaed and brought along, and the magistrate is sure to have plenty to do.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.