In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1posteriorsubsiguienteulterior formalon a subsequent visit — en una visita posterior formal
- subsequent to sth
- subsequent to our discussions I contacted him again — tras nuestras conversaciones, me volví a poner en contacto con él
- incidents subsequent to her departure — incidentes posteriores a su partida
- The theft of the items could have been subsequent to the murder and not the reason for it, for example.
- The car park is a very important part of that effort and is vital to its subsequent success.
- It did not follow that every subsequent implementation had to be by means of primary legislation.
- That case concerned the imposition of a condition subsequent to the grant of a licence.
- The people will know the areas that will not be affected by flooding in subsequent years.
- It opens in the same period and follows their subsequent changes in fortune.
- Does a posthumous child have some subsequent claim over the estate of its dead father?
- The publishers retain the courage to chalk out a new path in subsequent editions as well.
- This comes subsequent to Ganguly appointing two lawyers to handle his appeal.
- It is noted that there was an episode of enuresis subsequent to this report.
- They would also remain unbeaten in the subsequent league encounters with Bara.
- Had they existed at any time subsequent to their split in 1983, they would have been big.
- What followed, as the subsequent murder trial heard, was a short period of chaos.
- Police would like to hear from anyone with any information on the theft of the vehicle or the subsequent crash.
- He was surprised and impressed by his former band leader's subsequent success.
- The impact of the mass arrests was evident in the climate of fear at subsequent actions.
- Mr Milford's conviction has subsequent to the hearing been quashed and a retrial ordered.
- That which should have happened at or subsequent to conversion has never happened.
- However, doubt has since been thrown on this decision and it is unlikely to be followed in a subsequent case.
- Privacy and sensitive support for parents and family with subsequent follow up are essential.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.