In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(developments/events) posterior(developments/events) subsiguiente(events/developments) ulterior formalon a subsequent visit — en una visita posterior formal
- subsequent to sth
- subsequent to our discussions I contacted him again — tras nuestras conversaciones, me volví a poner en contacto con él
- incidents subsequent to her departure — incidentes posteriores a su partida
- They would also remain unbeaten in the subsequent league encounters with Bara.
- That which should have happened at or subsequent to conversion has never happened.
- The car park is a very important part of that effort and is vital to its subsequent success.
- It did not follow that every subsequent implementation had to be by means of primary legislation.
- Privacy and sensitive support for parents and family with subsequent follow up are essential.
- It is noted that there was an episode of enuresis subsequent to this report.
- However, doubt has since been thrown on this decision and it is unlikely to be followed in a subsequent case.
- Mr Milford's conviction has subsequent to the hearing been quashed and a retrial ordered.
- Police would like to hear from anyone with any information on the theft of the vehicle or the subsequent crash.
- It opens in the same period and follows their subsequent changes in fortune.
- The theft of the items could have been subsequent to the murder and not the reason for it, for example.
- The publishers retain the courage to chalk out a new path in subsequent editions as well.
- He was surprised and impressed by his former band leader's subsequent success.
- What followed, as the subsequent murder trial heard, was a short period of chaos.
- Does a posthumous child have some subsequent claim over the estate of its dead father?
- This comes subsequent to Ganguly appointing two lawyers to handle his appeal.
- That case concerned the imposition of a condition subsequent to the grant of a licence.
- The people will know the areas that will not be affected by flooding in subsequent years.
- Had they existed at any time subsequent to their split in 1983, they would have been big.
- The impact of the mass arrests was evident in the climate of fear at subsequent actions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.