In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1subvención femininesubsidio masculinestate/government subsidy — subvención / subsidio estatal/del gobierno
- There was also more emphasis on industry and some of Whitaker's suggested cuts in areas such as farm price subsidies and the rural electrification programme were not implemented.
- The foot-and-mouth epidemic gave us a glimpse of the trauma that agriculture will go through in the next decade as incomes fall, subsidies go and farming, as an industry, shrinks further.
- In the United States, it is often labor unions that call for tariffs and subsidies to protect unionized industries.
- Export subsidies lower the world price at which domestic industries are willing to sell various quantities of their product.
- There will always be an important role for subsidies in farming, to remunerate farmers for environmental services and to assist farming in particularly marginal areas.
- But it is clear that encouraging commodity production with price subsidies has not kept people in rural areas.
- If a government has an export subsidy programme, requests for subsidies from different industries will exceed the amount a government can grant.
- They therefore supported new industries by granting subsidies, tax exemptions, tariff protection and emergency relief.
- Scrap all import tariffs and all industry subsidies.
- Individual governments have also supported a variety of other industries through nationalization, subsidies, and special incentives.
- Examples of distortions are monopoly rents, hidden subsidies, artificially determined floors and ceilings on input prices.
- Agricultural policy should be shifted from price subsidies to income transfers, with these transfers turned into a national obligation, not a union one.
- Some £3 billion a year goes on farming in direct subsidies, with price intervention payments accounting for more.
- The authors are right to argue that subsidies to businesses and agriculture should be eliminated.
- Government has forsworn prices and incomes policies and cut back subsidies for industry.
- Brazil warns there may be no advance on other issues if the developed nations do not accept changes in policies to grant large subsidies to their farmers.
- At the end, he argues that a good progressive conservative government could cut useless measures like corporate subsidies, farm subsidies, and needless tariffs.
- One critical issue is Indonesia's budget-draining oil subsidies - price breaks given to families and businesses when oil prices are high.
- Washington is already at work to provide industry subsidies and loan programs, additional tax cuts for both businesses and consumers, and new government spending.
- These subsidies distort commodity prices and undercut U.S. exporters in key markets around the world.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.