In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Soil and subsoil will be stocked for subsequent respreading.
- Wetland creation attempts are often initiated by the removal of upland surface soil materials exposing mineral subsoil strata.
- Heavy clay subsoil or sandy soil with low fertility must be improved if roses are to be grown successfully in them.
- When digging out the bed, discard any heavy, tight subsoil and save the topsoil.
- These soils are moderately deep to deep, well-drained loam or silt loam surface soils with loam or silty clay loam subsoils, formed primarily in sandstone residuum.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.