1(considerably)(progress/decrease/change) de manera sustancial(decrease/change/progress) de manera considerablea substantially bigger majority — una mayoría bastante más amplia / considerablemente mayor
- However, all the evidence suggests that a modest sum can grow substantially if invested wisely over a long period.
- The cost of photocopying a book is substantially lower than having to buy one.
- Some years ago the flood defences of London were substantially upgraded at huge cost.
- He did not say how many of them would face closure if sewage costs were increased substantially.
- Now in operation for two years, the company has grown substantially in that period.
- Demand for air traffic has risen substantially in recent years as the cost of travel has fallen in real terms.
- Scottish Mutual has grown substantially since it was acquired by Abbey National in 1992.
- To make matters worse, it has also come to the end of a bad year when profits declined substantially.
- Put together, this will mean that the total student debt will grow substantially.
- Combined with our larger scale, this has enabled us to grow our order book substantially.
- We would like to think that we can grow the business substantially.
- Workspace Group has grown substantially in the past 10 years and plans to double again over the next five.
- Sales grew substantially when we moved as less time was being spent on staff management issues.
- Pornography has grown substantially over the years, and it is an area that is of major concern for us.
- The disparities grow substantially as the value of the car increases.
- Passage through major cities was also often difficult and substantially increased the cost of haulage.
- This should substantially simplify the procedure and save costs and court fees.
- What about deep piling that would add substantially to the cost of the schools?
- Never before or since have real wages and real income grown so substantially.
- These have been set up in a small way now but they can grow substantially.
2(essentially)básicamentesustancialmentethe agreement has not been substantially changed — no ha habido cambios sustanciales / fundamentales en el acuerdo
- what he says is substantially true — lo que dice es fundamentalmente cierto
- These materials have hydraulic conductance that substantially differs from mineral soils.
- The quality of material you have provided to us has been substantially substandard.
- This procedure has remained substantially unchanged for half a century.
- Although it has remained substantially unaltered since construction, it is now in need of restoration.
- Further aft, the wreck is substantially flattened, but some structure remains.
3(solidly)sólidamentea substantially built man — un hombre de complexión robusta