In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1US(post office)estafeta de correos feminine
- From now on, Marchetti will use the post office in neighboring Yalesville. The office is small and the workers are pleasant, like the ones at the South Broad Street substation, she said.
- The U.S. Post Office substation, located underneath the OSU Bookstore and operated for more than 25 years, is closing Aug. 12, 2005.
- Management claim a fire at an electrical substation near its Limerick headquarters disrupted the company's manufacturing process for a period of three months.
- Energy bosses have publicly apologised for the disruption to power supplies caused following an explosion at the main electricity substation in Witham.
- The substations, which distribute power to the local community, have been forced open by vandals who have damaged the equipment inside causing power cuts.
- The electricity grid is another example of this, with hundreds of thousands of wires, cables and substations taking power over and underground across the country, literally ‘connecting’ all of us in some way.
- That, however, will require significant upgrades of utility substations and power lines.
- Armed and camouflaged individuals can get close to chemical, agricultural, business facilities, gas pipelines, electrical powerlines, substations, transformers and airports.
- Expect some major upgrades to roads, the water supply, electrical substations, parks and housing before the year's end.
- Southern Pines supplies electricity to the substation that powers the Colonial pipeline.
- The project will involve the installation of two key high-voltage substations in the Nampower transmission system for the new Skorpion zinc mine.
- Next door to the proposed site is a massive electrical substation with overhead power cables carrying 33,000 volts.
- He said the power that will be supplied to the substation would come from the Nampower station in Keetmanshoop, which is a distance of about 300 km.
- York Railway Station was evacuated and trains prevented from stopping after the electricity substation which supplies its power was flooded at around 7pm.
- Later in the day, a cable failed on The Strand at the point of old digger damage, causing a switchgear failure at the substation and power cuts lasting over an hour.
- Many utility issues were solved with a visit to the power substation, water pumping plant, or sewage treatment facility.
- With the chimney stack sited perilously close to an old K Shoes warehouse which needs to be preserved and an electricity substation providing power to homes in the area, softly-softly is the watchword.
- They were electrocuted in a power substation where they hid, thinking police were chasing them.
- I mean, there's hundreds of thousands of miles of transmission grid, there's countless substations where the electricity gets rerouted.
- In a section of the affected areas, power supply was restored by taking some power from the Kishangarh substation near Mani Majra.
- Until the construction of the new substation, the towns of Walvis Bay, Henties Bay, Swakopmund and Arandis were supplied with power from a substation in Omaruru.
- This stepped pool of flowing water and the extended roof also help to mask both the noise and the view of passing traffic and the transformers in the electrical substation opposite.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.