- The time it takes to complete this task depends on the location of the data in the memory subsystem or cache hierarchy.
- Both fields are entering a stage of development where new discoveries will be made by learning how systems and subsystems behave.
- The behaviour of the Virtual Memory Manager affects all other kernel subsystems, and has a dramatic impact on overall system performance.
- Delay may be introduced in the buffering between the telephony subsystem and the compression subsystem.
- Units have to be seen as independently acting subsystems within a larger system.