In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Units have to be seen as independently acting subsystems within a larger system.
- The time it takes to complete this task depends on the location of the data in the memory subsystem or cache hierarchy.
- Both fields are entering a stage of development where new discoveries will be made by learning how systems and subsystems behave.
- The behaviour of the Virtual Memory Manager affects all other kernel subsystems, and has a dramatic impact on overall system performance.
- Delay may be introduced in the buffering between the telephony subsystem and the compression subsystem.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.