In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1trasfondo masculinesubtexto masculine
- The novel uses these worn motifs to create a subtext of understated feelings.
- The underlying subtext here is that native language belongs at home and not at school.
- I'll leave the discussion of themes there, though a scholarly look at the film and its underlying subtexts could take several pages.
- While Nora enthusiastically turns to fairy tales as a form of childhood therapy, she also unwittingly absorbs the genre's patriarchal and racist subtexts.
- The book is full of different subtexts and themes, all of which try to explain why a man so adored by the French culinary world would take his own life.
- The only drawback to this truly engaged show is a handful of moments in the script where we lose sight of the larger theme and intellectual subtexts.
- Serenity is an object lesson in how to do things right; from narrative structure, to emotional development, to surprise plot twists and thought provoking subtexts, everything about this film just works.
- Its great when for once you don't look for subtexts or symbolisms and just laugh and feel good or bad about something.
- Filtering the genre model through a gay sensibility served to burst the romantic bubble that concealed the subtexts.
- This system forms the subtext of the protagonist's behavior and encodes it as text.
- Alternatively, if they're English students (as most thesps are), they could be focussing on the various subtexts of the film.
- The 42-page comic can be read in a single sitting, though it'll take several sweeps to pluck out the myriad subtexts and visual motifs.
- Who we are and who we were - and why it might matter - were the subtexts of a national literature.
- But the inference that the special Hollinger committee set up to investigate the allegations produced a report influenced by anti-Semitism is one which carries a variety of dangerous subtexts.
- The question then becomes, how do we read a work of fiction one of whose subtexts is the events of '48 and its consequences?
- It's a subtext which betrays the author's own feelings but he doesn't allow it to stand in the way of a good yarn.
- The learned meanings are present in the subtext, which is understood only by the initiated audiences.
- Given the wild and underground nature of the shows they produce, it comes as no surprise that the Old Trout Puppet Workshop has a surreal story of origin, complete with apocalyptic subtexts.
- To get a hang of the play and its subtext, which is its essence, it is necessary to take it scene-by-scene.
- The exhibition contains, of course, excellent examples by each of the three masthead figures, but they represent only one strand of a much more ambitious but ill-defined text, or rather series of subtexts.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.