In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1restarto subtract sth from sth — restar algo de algo
- subtract X from Y — resta X de Y
- The index is calculated by subtracting the percentage of respondents holding a positive outlook from the percentage of those with a negative outlook.
- Dollar amounts were calculated by subtracting the rework cost from the Navy stock number ‘ready-for-issue’ value.
- For example, gross margin equals cost of sales subtracted from revenue.
- In first grade my teachers taught me how to add and subtract big numbers.
- Then by subtracting his count from the clock reading, he has the time at which the observation was made.
- So to get the correct figure, we have to subtract the number of days when it was both.
- The overconfidence indices were calculated by subtracting the percentage of correct answers from the mean percentage of certainty.
- The hemicellulose content was determined by subtracting the amount of cellulose from that of the holocellulose sample.
- The amount of protein was then determined by subtracting the amount of salt from the dry weight of the lyophilized sample.
- Profits are amounts that are calculated based on subtracting what something cost to make from what it grosses.
- Compliance was determined by subtracting the number of capsules returned by the subject at the final visit from the number of capsules dispensed at the outset of the study.
- To calculate the female population size, I subtracted the number of males from the estimated population size for both sexes.
- Mikhail can spell words such as elephant, and add and subtract four-digit numbers, and is learning multiplication.
- How do you count, add, and subtract in different bases?
- The Red Sox in the 1970s had a system based on numerical values, requiring players to add and subtract the number of touches by a coach to determine the play.
- Net income was calculated by first subtracting each enterprise's total expenses from the total revenue.
- Now, all that simple arithmetic simply means that you add 50 to your chosen number, then you subtract the chosen number!
- Not only does the game add and subtract a number of different fields to generate a final total for a race, you can easily spend half a minute or more just watching the game tally up the number of mistakes you made.
- On standard problems, solutions were coded as covert when the child simply added or subtracted the correct number of chips in a single operation.
- But when you fill out the worksheet, you must subtract the amount of your payment before those deductions, known as offsets.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.