In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1succión femininefeminine aspiración(valve/pump) de succión
- Limpets can alternate between suction adhesion and gluing in a predictable pattern that corresponds with their activity and the tides.
- Solvents were eluted by vacuum suction into collection plates.
- Refrigerant flows through the mixing chamber in a swirling or other turbulent pattern and into the suction chamber through circumferentially spaced openings.
- By inserting a vacuum cleaner hose in one small hole and using a smoke gun in a second small hole, a contractor can see if the smoke is pulled down into the second hole by the force of the vacuum cleaner's suction.
- This conducts a high volume of air through many small cyclones simultaneously, giving it enhanced constant suction power to pick up even more dirt and debris.
- Test solutions were removed from the perfusion chamber by suction via a vacuum pump.
- It has mechanical arms that can grab and dig as well as water jets and suction pipes to gently clear away mud and sand.
- If all devitalised tissue has been confidently excised we favour immediate coverage with meshed, split skin grafts secured with a foam vacuum suction dressing.
- The capillary was connected to a vacuum pump and the suction pressure could be regulated with a manometer.
- The anesthetic drops also serve to moisten the corneal surface area, which promotes suction ring adhesion.
- Some machines combine both hydroexcavation and sewer cleaning by water jetting and vacuum suction.
- After 24 hours, all excess fluid was removed by suction from each protein-loaded cylinder.
- The team's previous research ruled out two other possible forms of adhesion: suction and chemical bonding.
- Possibly, some bacteria are introduced into the distal in-line suction connection during attachment and removal of the common suction tubing.
- The applied suction pressure caused xylem sap flow into the capillary where it could be collected with a syringe.
- These were small, transparent plastic cones suspended from rings of 3 cm diam, as can be bought from aquatic shops, secured onto the edge of the tank using suction pads.
- The exhaust pipes of soil suction systems must vent 10 feet or more above the ground, and away from windows, doors, or other openings that could allow the radon to re-enter the house.
- The important matter is not to procrastinate but to reach a diagnosis rapidly and operate immediately after the patient has been stabilized with nasogastric suction and I.V. fluids.
- The scrub person prepares all cords for monitors, surgical devices, and fluid and suction tubes ahead of time and gathers them in a sterile towel.
- As Thomas points out, these studies achieved negative pressure by using wall suction devices or surgical vacuum bottles.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.