In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ante masculinegamuza feminine(shoes/jacket) de ante(jacket/shoes) de gamuza
- Thick, leather or suede gloves may protect your hands from thorns, cuts and scrapes.
- Fur, leather and suede are manufactured with oils and fats that dry out over time.
- She uses different types of leather like ostrich, nappa, suede and printed leather.
- Once you've decided to sew with real or fake leather or suede, the next step is knowing how to choose the correct leather or suede for your project.
- If it is leather, suede, or a leather-fabric combination, a tote can be a good companion for a work outfit.
- While the souks are undoubtedly the place to shop, leather and suede goods can be found in many shopping areas.
- Not to be confused with slippers, these are more appropriate for business casual attire if made from leather or suede.
- Shiny metallic gold, silver, bronze and platinum shades will be the strong colors of the season, in soft suede leather.
- If the abundance of leather, suede, sheepskin and fur heading for our high street fashion stores is anything to go by, the answer is a resounding yes.
- And the use of lightweight leather and suede for both tops and bottoms proves that skin is still in.
- Urban Originals' satchel bags were also popular, rustic and large, made of such winter materials as leather and suede.
- Another form of leather, suede, is also huge in jacket form this season.
- And if you want to make a style statement, you should be looking at the latest collection of leather and suede jackets in softer colours for summer.
- This car is beautifully trimmed in wood, leather, and suede.
- This Hugo Boss biker style jacket is crafted from premium glossy leather and suede.
- Accessorise the look with long tasselled shoulder bags in patch-work leather and butter soft suede boots.
- There are details of how they used rugged materials such as glass, concrete and steel alongside velvet, suede and leather.
- Glass, limestone, dark woods and leather and suede are elements that make up the sleek environment of the plush bar.
- Cut facings from lining fabric, velveteen, cotton twill, or faux leather or suede to reduce bulk.
- Many different styles are available, such as leather or suede, and with buckles or laces.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.