In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1solución de soda caústica feminine
- Now I'm going to wash it down with sugar soap, allow it to dry over lunch and then paint the walls and ceiling this afternoon.
- If you are papering over paint, first clean the walls with sugar soap to make sure the paper sticks.
- With two helpers - one to guard the anchorage and ropes and another to man a boat in the river below - they began their first task, to take off all the old paint with sugar soap and a wire brush.
- This leaves the kitchen and bathroom paint to be applied in the kitchen and bathroom, which is to be preceded by a session with sugar soap.
- You can get rid of it fairly easily by washing down the affected parts of the walls with bleach and water or by using a sugar soap solution which can be bought in most hardware shops.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.