In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Nauticalcubierta superior feminine
- And even when she's under power, the soundproofing is so good it's hard to tell unless you actually go up to the sun deck to check how many sails are up.
- Among the facilities on board the ship are bridge cafe, library, Orpheus room (to get a spectacular view), Internet room, grill, bars, sun deck, spa and fitness centre.
- There is a large saloon and sun deck, open bar (included in the charter rate) and good food and snacks throughout the day.
- They walked up the stairs to the open sun deck, which was already crowded with people.
- Amaryllis, which sleeps eight in four cabins, has a dining room (with Villeroy & Boch china), salon (books, games, DVDs, a stereo) and a sun deck.
- He finds his friend sitting on the sun deck, wrapped in a blanket, even though it's a warm Spring day.
- I'm alone on the sun deck again watching the mist rise off the water.
- From the sun deck we can look out over the marina at everyone else looking at us.
- Viking Century Sky is Viking River Cruises' largest ship to date, and includes an observation lounge, restaurant, sauna, sun deck, bar, business center, gym, shops, and beauty salon.
- Up top, there is a sun deck with deckchairs, a small pool, a bar and even a ‘walking track’ for those who can't bear to be idle.
- While truly avid divers can go below four to six times a day, there's abundant snorkeling, jacuzzis, sun decks and other entertainment for non-divers.
- While it has two salon/lounges and a separate sun deck / bar, the Dancer has only a small sitting area above its main deck around the pilot house.
- I think I'm going up to the sun deck, if you don't mind.
- The sun deck at the top of the ship is sheltered on three sides by glass screens and contains a small pool and an attractive bar area.
- Up on the sun deck I can take my pick from the hundreds of empty loungers there.
- Later you can head up to the sun deck in your robe for a spa brunch and an ocean view.
- This wasn't a problem for us, however, because we were on the luxury liveaboard Kona Aggressor II, where waiting meant curling up in a warm bunk or just watching the night sky from the sun deck.
- You are sitting on the aft sun deck, three stories up, sipping champagne and watching a stream of small boats following your wake like pilot fish.
- Divers disperse about the boat, toasting on the sun deck, snoozing in the shade, chatting to the crew as they fish off the stern with handlines.
- We were in cabin 99, one of several that have been created from what used to be the captain's quarters, on the sun deck.
- Now it appears the tree has fallen on her sun deck.
- It also features a master bedroom suite with sun deck and an indoor-outdoor pool.
- Upstairs was Jak's bedroom, the one bathroom, the utility closet, and the staircase up to the sun deck.
- A pine door with stained glass panelling at the back of the room leads to a raised sun deck in the rear garden.
- In the great room, which was furnished using only on-line sources, cozy sofas face a dramatic tile-faced fireplace while comfortable wing chairs look out to the sun deck and Pike's Peak.
- Half of the structure will extend above the water's surface for sun decks and observatories.
- Stepped seating rose like amphitheatres from the sun decks around the pool, so that it became an arena in which the swimmers took centre stage.
- In addition, there are the de rigueur swimming pools, like the narrow lap pool Lindy Roy designed to enter the house as part of a water zone incorporating a steam room, sauna and private sun deck.
- The 66 suites are self-contained and overlook the gardens and large swimming pool complete with jacuzzi, sun deck and wooden sala.
- The breakfast area includes a Yeoman wood-burning stove set in a brick recess from where double doors open onto a sun deck.
- A council employee I spoke to yesterday said we'll be confined to things like relining a room or putting in a sun deck.
- The Sheraton Commander Hotel includes a Harvard Square location, fitness center with sun deck, and newly renovated rooms.
- And also check out the resort's Clay Cabana, with four mud baths, massage treatment rooms, steam baths and a sun deck.
- Before a relaxing soak, get pampered with a Honey Coco Mango Scrub or the Florida C Facial, or enjoy a light spa lunch while lounging on one of two sun decks or on your own private terrace.
- To help bring Erskine's apartments back into scale with the rest of the development sun decks, terraces and balconies have been added to all apartments, protruding from many different areas that help lose the flat facade of the blocks.
- In an expensive property it might be an idea to put in a timber sun deck, they are all the rage at the moment.
- Each has two bedrooms, a fireplace, a sun deck with barbecue and a fully equipped kitchen - very deluxe, but without a hint of pretension.
- For sun decks, purchase 1 ‘x 2 ‘welded wire fencing, get it in a 3-foot or 4-foot width, depending on how high the deck is above the ground.’
- The fenestration shifts from one end of the buildings to the other and so do the sun decks on the upper floors.
- There is off-street parking as well as a Japanese-style garden to the front, while the large back garden includes a sun deck, mature apple trees and a lawn.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.